There’s nothing worse than turning up at the party of your dreams wearing the same dress as someone else, so you need to know what dresses to wear for an evening party. Read further to learn how to choose the right party wear dresses.
Whether you’re celebrating a friend’s birthday or attending your company’s holiday party, it’s important to consider the dress code when deciding on the perfect outfit. If you’re not sure which dress length is appropriate, there are some general guidelines that can help you determine which style is best. Here are some tips on how to choose the right dress length:
– If your event is formal and takes place in the evening, a floor-length gown is most likely required.
– For daytime events, long skirts and tea-length dresses are typically appropriate. When choosing between a skirt and a dress, keep in mind that skirts are more casual while dresses tend to be more formal. Skirts come in all lengths but tea length is the shortest of them all. It will fall just below your knees so if you have trouble sitting down without exposing too much leg, this might not be the best choice for you. A floor-long dress might be preferable because it has no hemline or side splits. Floor-long styles typically come with slits up either side of the leg but they don’t expose as much leg as shorter hemlines would.
There are a variety of styles to choose from, from sheath and A-line to ball gowns. Each has its own set of rules and guidelines as to which is appropriate at certain events or occasions. Here are some basic tips on how you can figure out which style will work best for your needs:
1) What kind of event are you attending? If it is more formal, such as a wedding reception, then ball gowns and long skirts may be the way to go. If it is less formal and more about mingling and drinking champagne than eating dinner, then a sheath dress would be perfect.
2) Do you want to show off your curves or keep things covered up? Sheaths will flatter fuller figures while A-lines will make taller figures look slimmer.
3) How much time do you have to get ready in the morning? The time of day and urgency with which you need a dress should also be considered when choosing one.
4) What colour palette suits your skin tone best? Look for colours that complement the natural tones of your skin, hair, and eye colour for a timeless look that everyone will envy!
main photo: unsplash.com/Genessa Panainte